I just read this amazing article by Semyon Dukach and all I can say is that it really reinforced one of the values I want to put in my new project. But since I wrote my first post about it, I realized there is another one that is even more important to me (like all one-more-thing‘s are, right?). But instead of just adding it to the list, I want to take the opportunity to rephrase all of those values a little bit, agile-manifesto-style!
- Being rich by what you realize over valuing yourself by what you own
- Bringing progress to the world over protecting markets
- Intelligence of the crowd over over “wisdom” of the expert
- Investing in value creation over growth potential
- Focusing on well-identified problems over imagining all the solutions in the world
And last but not least:
- Turning your dreams into projects over dreaming about projects.
But contrary to what they say in the Agile Manifesto, I see no value in the items on the right.
Now all I have to do is to initiate this thing, bootstrap it so that it’s easier for others to create companies with those values at heart.